If you are asking yourself what this entire “affiliate marketing” and “make money online” thing is all about, then this article is made for you. But first you need to know exactly what’s beautiful in starting your Affiliate Marketing journey in this huge world.
You’ll also find the reason why it’s FANTASTIC to become an affiliate and how much cash you possibly can make and how you can start.
Let’s start with a basic definition of affiliate marketing, it is:
“A Web-based technique in which you (as an affiliate marketer) receives a commission for referring sales or customers to another business.”
It’s just like how a real estate professional does not own the properties they sell; instead, they promote these properties on behalf of their clients and earn a cut of the sale price of any properties sold.
The image below shows a really basic affiliate website, with a banner that promotes the SaleHoo Wholesale Supplier Directory.
When someone, who’s keen to make money on eBay, clicks that banner, they are taken to the merchant’s website below.
The vendor is the particular person or organization which creates and owns the product or service. Now it’s up to the product owner to work their secret and get that person to buy. If the person decides to purchase, then the affiliate marketer which sent them to the site earns a commission, which is a percentage of the product’s sale price.
There are a great number of ways to place these commission-earning links on your site, you don’t even have to know how to make banners. One of the most popular ways to add links is to simply include them in your content. Here’s an example of a product suggestion within an article, with a link to the relevant product where it’s most useful in the content.
In a similar way, you can write (or have someone else write) content on a topic and then link to a product that might be useful for the reader. So long as the link you use is an affiliate link, you’ll be lined up to earn a commission.
Good reasons why you should become an affiliate marketer:
Start-up charges are very low. To start a regular business where you rent retail space and stock inventory could easily set you back tens of thousands of dollars. As an affiliate, you can get started for the cost of a burger and fries.
- No need for a staff: No more office politics, and no messy payroll handling. When you get started as an affiliate you can do it all yourself, and when the time comes to grow your business it’s easy to outsource.
- You don’t even need a product: you simply have to promote products which are already for sale. Whether it’s an eBook about dog training your or a weight loss supplement – there is a product out there that you can sell as an affiliate.
- No need for any expert knowledge; on a subject to sell affiliate products either. If you want to be an affiliate for weight loss products, then you don’t need a Ph.D. in nutrition or exercise. All you need is an eager-to-learn mindset and the ability to market the right affiliate products to the right people.
- Earn passive income: It’s a bit like the money you earn if you buy a house and then rent it out – for as long as you own that house and are renting it out, you earn money. In a normal job you only get paid once for the work that you do, but as an affiliate, you can keep making money from the same work day in, day out.
- The opportunity to work your own hours; I’m not saying that you’ll be sitting on a beach drinking Pina Coladas and only working an hour a day after your first month as an affiliate. However, you do have the power to work when it suits you and have a more flexible life. You become your own boss – how cool is that?
How does affiliate marketing really work?
You don’t actually need a website – there are loads of different ways to do affiliate marketing and some of them don’t even involve owning a website – but most affiliates prefer to have their own digital real estate. But there are other ways to get your affiliate links out there:
Post on blogs and forums
This is a really simple way of getting a taste for affiliate marketing – all you have to do is find a product you’d like to promote, then start posting on blogs and forums with your affiliate link in your signature.
Write a viral eBook or some other “viral” product
A “viral” product is one that is designed to spread (often quickly) to a great many people – this can be a great way of getting your affiliate links out there without ever having to create a website. You can produce a short 30-page eBook or a “special report” on a particular subject, insert links to affiliate products into it, then distribute your book through whatever means you like – you could tell people that they’re welcome to give it away, sell it or put it on their websites. You can kick it off yourself by selling the eBook on eBay for a small amount.
Create a YouTube series
YouTube has taken the world by storm with one billion unique visitors per month. You can use this to your advantage. It doesn’t take much more than a webcam and some quirky or informative ideas to get a channel going. That way you can add affiliate links into your description, or over your video, and convert some of that fan base into affiliate profits.
Write ads or reviews for classifieds websites
You’re probably already familiar with using sites like Craigslist to look for old furniture or car parts, but you can also use classifieds sites to promote affiliate products. Consider writing ads or reviews for affiliate products and posting them with your affiliate link.
Build a “Hub”
Building a “Hub” is a great way of getting started as an affiliate without needing to build your own website from scratch. A Hub is like a 1-page mini-website where you can talk about a subject you’re passionate about (eg, your affiliate market and associated products!). It’s hosted on the HubPages site, and you don’t need to know anything about web design to make it look fairly professional.
Almost everyone may become an excellent affiliate marketer if he takes a seat down and get the work done. Once you decided to get started as an affiliate, make sure to choose the right steps and focus on what you are doing. Affiliate marketing can be the easiest way to start a real home & web based business.
Curated from AFFILO BLUEPRINT, the most recommended start point in affiliate marketing.